Understanding HTML and CSS
Deeply understand Semantic HTML, CSS, Flexbox, Grid, learn to read the specifications, and more.
In this course you’ll gain a deep understanding of HTML and CSS, as we dive into how these technologies really work. We’ll look at the problems HTML and CSS are trying to solve and how they solve them. We’ll dive into how browser rendering engines really work. We’ll gain confidence to read and understand the HTML and CSS specifications, so you can continue to teach yourself in the future and keep your skills fresh.
Along the way we’ll follow our core philosophy of “Don’t Imitate, Understand”. Simply copying others’ projects won’t help you when faced with a real-world job that doesn’t look like the projects you’ve copied. To succeed in a real world job, you need to truly understand. This course is designed for beginners to learn from scratch, but also to break experienced developers out of bad habits.
Best Seller Course: CSS – The Complete Guide 2022 (incl. Flexbox, Grid & Sass)
What you’ll learn
- Author semantic HTML.
- Use semantic HTML to improve the accessibility of your websites and apps.
- Layout web pages visually using CSS.
- Read and understand the HTML and CSS specifications to be able to continue teaching yourself.
- Understand how browser rendering engines work.
- Gain a proper understanding of the CSS cascade, inheritance, and specificity.
- Advanced CSS features like Flexbox and Grid