The Complete Java Developer Course from Scratch
Become an Oracle Certified job-ready developer. Mentored step-by-step by professionals. World-class study experience.
The course starts from scratch, but if you haven’t programmed in Java for a while, or would like to update your skills to Java SE 9, then this course has something for you too. During the course, we use IntelliJ IDEA as our development environment, however we also learn how to do away with an IDE and go behind the scenes to compile and run code manually. If you have previous experience using another IDE such as NetBeans, Eclipse or BlueJ – you are more than welcome to use any of those instead.
What you’ll learn
- Build your own Java applications using well-structured and standards-compliant code.
- Gain a solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Understand concepts such as inheritance, abstraction, interfaces, polymorphism and encapsulation.
- Understand Java expressions, keywords, statements and structures.
- Create a user interface using JavaFX.
- Be fluent with best-practices and new features of Java 9.
- Be industry-ready and experienced to achieve the Oracle Certified Associate (1Z0-808) certification.