Python & Revit API for DynamoBIM Course
Learn how to code your own Python nodes to 10x your Dynamo scripts efficiency
Welcome to the Python & Revit API for Dynamo course. This course is designed for those of you who are using Dynamo and want to make the next step – learning how to code your own Python Nodes to make the Dynamo scripts even more efficient and clear to look at.
The Python and Revit API for DynamoBIM course is made with the assumption that you are already familiar with Dynamo and Revit, but you have little or no knowledge of coding. We start from scratch and build skills until we finish with an overview and create a practical Python node for placing wall and floor finishes and joining them to the existing floors and walls automatically. The course is delivered in many examples with the idea that the student follows along. Exercise files are provided with almost every lecture.
What you’ll learn
- You will be able to create your own custom nodes with Python in Dynamo
- You will learn how to create your own Python modules to re-use in future scripts
- You will learn the fundamentals of Python and Object Oriented Programming
- You will complete a practically oriented case-study of a custom python node that automates the creation of finishes in Revit
- You will learn how to work with the Revit API
- You will learn how to make your Dynamo scripts faster and easier to understand with Python Nodes
Recommended Python Course