Microcontroller Embedded C Programming: Absolute Beginners
Foundation course on Embedded C programming using STM32 Microcontroller.
This should be your very first course to dive into the exciting world of “Embedded Systems.” This is our new course mainly targeted for absolute beginners to learn microcontroller programming using the ‘C ‘ programming language.
Please note that “Embedded C” is NOT a separate programming language. ‘Embedded C’ is rather embedded target aware programming using traditional ‘C’ programming language.
Some of the critical microcontroller-related ‘C’ concepts such as
- Importance of bitwise operators
- Usage of bit manipulation techniques to program MCU peripheral registers
- accessing memory-mapped registers using pointers
- pointers and casting
- structures, bitfields, unions, and bit extraction techniques
- representing hardware registers details and configuring them using ‘C’ structure definitions
- Usage of const and volatile type qualifiers
- Interpret complex variable definitions involving the combination of const and volatile.
- The precise usage of const pointers, const data, volatile const, with pointer and non-pointer variables
- The behavior of the code during compiler optimization and solution using volatile
- Functions and friends
- Data types, variables definitions, storage class specifiers and much more
- Loops: while, for, do. while
- MCU internal architecture and programming peripherals
- Interfacing projects
All these concepts are discussed with clear examples and writing code for the target embedded board.
Learning order of FastBit Embedded Brain Academy Courses,
If you are a beginner in the field of embedded systems, then you can take our courses in the below-mentioned order. This is just a recommendation from the instructor for beginners.
- Microcontroller Embedded C Programming: absolute beginners (Embedded C)
- Embedded Systems Programming on ARM Cortex-M3/M4 Processor (ARM Cortex M4 Processor specific)
- Mastering Microcontroller with Embedded Driver Development (MCU1)
- Mastering Microcontroller: TIMERS, PWM, CAN, RTC, LOW POWER(MCU2)
- Mastering Microcontroller: STM32-LTDC, LCD-TFT, LVGL(MCU3)
- Embedded System Design using UML State Machines (State machine)
- Mastering RTOS: Hands-on FreeRTOS and STM32Fx with Debugging (RTOS)
- ARM Cortex M Microcontroller DMA Programming Demystified (DMA)
- STM32Fx Microcontroller Custom Bootloader Development (Bootloader)
- Embedded Linux Step by Step using Beaglebone Black (Linux)
- Linux device driver programming using Beaglebone Black (LDD1)