Mastering webRTC part 2 – real-time video and screen-share Udemy Course
webRTC, Part 2 – connecting the browsers – PeerConnection & Signaling, w/Reach.
This Mastering webRTC course by Robert Bunch is part 2 covering the second part of the webRTC api: connecting to another browser and everything that goes into it (namely signaling!). I won’t assume you know a single thing about RTCPeerConnection or signaling. Part 1 covers getUserMedia, is ~2 hours, and is free here on Udemy.
It’s 2023. Whether because of the pandemic, chat bots, or cost savings, working remote is a thing. Telemedicine is a thing. Talking to people 6 time zones away is a thing. You can abstract your users from your app to Zoom because it always works, but you lose all control and tracking of the interaction.
WebRTC is one of the browsers must mind blowing apis. It allows access to the mic, camera, even the screen AND to share them across a network socket DIRECTLY to another browser. No server (mostly) or other middleman to add bandwidth, bugs, and chaos.
What you’ll learn in Mastering webRTC part 2 – real-time video and screen-share course
- Connect two or more computers audio/video streams.
- Set up a signaling server to act as a middleman to negotiate the connection.
- How to integrate webRTC into a React App w/redux
- Code organization to minimize confusion as your app grows.
- Manage 4 (yes 4) different async sources to create an incredible web app.
Recommended WebRTC Course