Mastering RTOS: Hands on FreeRTOS and STM32Fx with Debugging
Learn Running/Porting FreeRTOS Real Time Operating System on STM32F4x and ARM cortex M based Mircocontrollers
The Complete FreeRTOS Course with Programming and Debugging. Latest update: RTOS debugging using SEGGER SystemView Trace tools, STM32 hal. Peripheral APIs and More examples are added. The course is designed for Beginners to Advanced audience. The Biggest objective of this course is to demystifying RTOS practically using FreeRTOS and STM32 MCUs. STEP-by-STEP guide to port/run FreeRTOS using development setup which includes, STM32CUBEIDE + STM32F4xx + FreeRTOS + SEGGER SystemView. Demystifying the complete Architecture (ARM Cortex M) related code of FreeRTOS which will massively help you to put this kernel on any target hardware of your choice.
What you’ll learn
- Understanding various RTOS concepts with FreeRTOS Programming and Debugging
- Learn Complete Step by step method to run FreeRTOS on STM32 MCUs using OpenSTM32 System Workbench
- Using STM32 Standard Peripheral Driver APIs to configure peripherals
- FreeRTOS Task Creation , Deletion, Scheduling using with code examples
- Important scheduling policies of FreeRTOS Scheduler
- FreeRTOS Stack and Heap Management
- Right ways of Synchronizing between tasks using Semaphores.
- Right ways of Synchronizing between a task and an interrupt using semaphores
- Synchronization between multiple events and a task
- FreeRTOS Queue management like creation, sending, receiving, blocking, etc
- Implementing mutual exclusion between Tasks using Mutex services and semaphores
- Understanding Context Switching with in detail code explanation
- Understanding Architecture specific codes like SVC_handler, PendSV_handler, SysTick Handler line by line
- You will learn about kernel Tick timer, its importance, the kernel tick frequency and its configuration details.
- Understanding complete ARM Cortex M and FreeRTOS Priority model and its configuration related informations
- FreeRTOS Debugging using SEGGER SystemView Software
- Lots of articles which explains line by line the ARM Cortex M related FreeRTOS architecture specific codes
- Low power instructions use case in FreeRTOS scenario
- Lots of coding exercises
- Debugging with SEGGER software toolkit by taking snapshot and continuous mode recording