Make a Battle City Clone, using Python, Pygame and OOP!
Object Oriented Programming, Game, Development, Python, Pygame
I have done so many of the regular projects out there, such as a tic tac toe, chess, hangman, asteroids, connect 4 etc, but all of these projects felt small, and I found there to not be many variety when it comes to game tutorials.
Most tutorials all cover the same games, with only variations in how they are coded. I also found that most tutorials, do not go through every element of a game, such as the start screen, all of the power ups, the score screens, etc.
They usually only take you as far as the basic building blocks, and then leave you to create the rest, should you wish to continue.
Most of these tutorials, have left me with a directory filled with what would be deemed as unfinished games.
Hence, I thought it would be great to put together a course on creating a game, with all of the game elements created and implemented in a step-by-step process, that leaves you at the end of the course, with a fully functional, and complete game.
What you’ll learn
- Expand your understanding and use of variables, lists, dictionaries, for loops and while loops.
- Expand your understanding and use of object oriented programming
- Conceptualize programming challenges and discover solutions and methods for implementing these solutions to those challenges
- Progress your python learning beyond learning the basics to a more advanced beginner project, gain confidence in tackling bigger projects.
- Work on importing various modules into your program, as well as importing data between various python files
- Sharing and updating data between the various objects within your program, updating the different objects when required, also updating the game stage
- Implementing various solutions to typical game development challenges, such as collision detection, animations, power-ups etc.
- Creating a Start Screen, a Menu Screen, a Game Screen, A Level Editor screen, allowing for user level development.
Recommended Python Game Course