Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Streams for Data Processing Course
Learn the Kafka Streams API with Hands-On Examples, Learn Exactly Once, Build and Deploy Apps with Java 8
This Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Streams for Data Processing Course is designed to help you learn the Kafka Streams data processing library for Apache Kafka. The course is taught by Stephane Maarek, an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, Developer, and Conduktor Kafkademy. The course is fully optimized and is a bestseller on Udemy with a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 5,516 ratings.
The Apache Kafka Series Course is structured to take a step-by-step approach to learning all the fundamentals of Kafka Streams. It covers topics such as the High-Level DSL of Kafka Streams, stateless and stateful operations available for the KStream and KTable API, and how to write four Kafka Streams applications in Java 8. You will also learn how to configure Kafka Streams to use Exactly Once Semantics, scale Kafka Streams applications, build and package your application, write tests for your Kafka Streams Topology, and much more.
Review of the Udemy course Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Streams for Data Processing.
The Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Streams for Data Processing Course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn Kafka Streams easily, step-by-step, without any prior knowledge of Kafka. The course requires a recent computer (Windows / Linux / Mac OS X) with 4GB of RAM and good knowledge of Apache Kafka and Java 8 programming language.
- Kafka Streams – First Look: Let’s get Kafka started and run your first Kafka Streams application, WordCount
- End-to-End Kafka Streams Application : Write the code for the WordCount, bring in the dependencies, build and package your application, and learn how to scale it. This is a complete end to end example
- KStream and KTable Simple Operations: Learn all the stateless operations available for the KStream and KTable API
- Practice Exercise – Favourite Colour: Practice your newly acquired skills by writing your own Kafka Streams application, Favourite Colour. It will be challenging! Includes a Scala version of the example
- KStream and KTable Advanced Operations: Learn all the stateful operations available for the KStream and KTable API
- Exactly Once Semantics – Theory: Learn what EOS (Exactly Once Semantics) is, how Kafka 0.11 enables it, and how to activate them in Kafka Streams
- Exactly Once – Practice Exercise – Bank Balance: Practice your newly acquired knowledge by writing your own Kafka Streams Exactly Once application, to compute a running Bank Balance for your customers
- Testing your Kafka Streams Application: Learn how to test the WordCount Kafka Streams Topology with Kafka Streams v1.1.0
Note: This course is based on Java 8 and will include one example in Scala. Kafka Streams is Java based, and therefore is not suited for any other programming language.
What you’ll learn in Apache Kafka Series Course
- Write four Kafka Streams application in Java 8
- Configure Kafka Streams to use Exactly Once Semantics
- Scale Kafka Streams applications
- Program with the High Level DSL of Kafka Streams
- Build and package your application
- Write tests for your Kafka Streams Topology
- And so much more!
Note: Looking for more advanced Kafka concepts? There are many volumes in the Apache Kafka Series:
- Learn Kafka for Beginners v3 (great to start)
- Kafka Connect Hands On Learning
- Kafka Streams for Data Processing
- KSQL on ksqlDB – Hands On!
- Kafka Cluster Setup & Administration
- Confluent Schema Registry & Kafka REST Proxy
- Kafka Security (SSL SASL ACL)
- Kafka Monitoring and Operations
Best Apache Kafka Course
Who this Apache Kafka course is for:
- Developers and devops who would like to learn how to write, package, deploy and run a Kafka Streams applications
- Architects who would like to understand how Kafka Streams work and its position in the Kafka-centered data pipeline and enterprise architecture
- People who fully understand the basics of Kafka
- Java 8 and Scala developers only
Taught by Stephane Maarek and Conduktor Kafkademy