iOS Development Using UIKit & Swift – Project Based Learning Course
Learn MapKit, Core Data, JSON API and integration of UIKit app with SwiftUI
Welcome to “iOS Development Using UIKit & Swift – Project Based Learning”. UIKit is still the dominant framework when building iOS applications. This course covers multiple real-world projects, implemented programmatically using the UIKit framework without the use of Storyboards.
You will learn how to create a MapKit application in UIKit. The app will allow you to search closest points of interest near your current location. This can be a burger joint, taco store, gas station, cafe and more. You will also learn how to display annotations on the map and even display the locations in a list. Users will be able to run the app on their physical device, get directions and even make a call to the designated place.
Best Seller Course: iOS & Swift – The Complete iOS App Development Bootcamp
What you’ll learn
- Students will learn how to create UIKit applications with Swift programmatically.
- Students will learn how to use MapKit and Core Location to build real world applications.
- Students will learn Core Data and how to persist information in SQLite databases. Students will also learn about creating one to many relationships in Core Data
- Students will learn how to consume JSON from a third party app and perform GET, POST and DELETE operations.
- Students will also learn how to integrate SwiftUI views into a UIKit application.
- Students will learn how to create a generic networking layer in Swift
You May Also Like This Course: SwiftUI – The Complete iOS 15 Developers Resource Bible