Groovy Programming Fundamentals for Java Developers
Supercharge your productivity by understanding the quickest way to write Java-based applications!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Groovy! In this course, we take you step-by-step through the most common features and programming idioms of the Groovy programming language enabling you to supercharge your developer productivity by harnessing the power of Groovy’s lightweight and succinct programming syntax! We’ll explore Groovy’s lightweight and powerful syntax which slashes development time down to at most a quarter of the time you’d spend in writing the equivalent Java program!
Groovy is predominantly seen today in Jenkins pipelines scripts and in Gradle build scripts, but this really underplays its power and versatility as we’ll see in this course. You’re gonna excited by it’s features and start using it in your day to day developer activities once you take this course!
Best Seller Course: The Complete Java Developer Course: From Beginner to Master!
In particular, you’ll learn the following:
- Getting set up with Groovy, installing it and creating Groovy projects in the IDE
- Exploring the Groovy toolset
- Using Groovy Console to execute Groovy code
- Common Groovy operators which form the cornerstone of it’s powerful syntax
- Strings, heredocs and using regular expressions and capture groups to parse and extract strings
- Groovy collections and the enhancements delivered by the GDK (Groovy Development Kit)
- Iterating collections
- Searching through collections
- Filtering and transforming collections in Groovy with Groovy’s powerful closure mechanism
You May Also Need This Course: Cucumber with Java-Build Automation Framework in lesser code