Git & GitHub – The Practical Guide Course
Learn Git & GitHub and master working with commits, branches, the stash, cherry picking, rebasing, pull requests & more!
This Git & GitHub – The Practical Guide course starts at the very basics, no prior Git or GitHub knowledge is required! You’ll learn how to use Git and how to write Git commands in the Mac Terminal or the Windows Command Prompt (optional refreshers on both are also part of the course). Starting with the first initialization of a so-called Git repository, we’ll build up your knowledge step-by-step and understand the what & why behind concepts like branches, commits, the staging area, merging & rebasing, cloning, pushing & pulling branches and a lot more!
What you’ll learn
- Learn all you need to work with Git, including all about repositories, commits, branches & more
- Understand how Git works behind the scenes and understand local & remote as well as local-tracking & remote-tracking branches
- Dive into advanced Git features like merging, rebasing, the stash and learn how to manage merge conflicts
- Bring Git’s power to the cloud with GitHub
- Learn how to collaborate in projects via Git & GitHub in teams & organizations
- Learn how to contribute to open-source projects via forks & pull requests
- Efficiently manage projects with Git & GitHub
Recommended Git & GitHub Course