Git and GitHub for Developers Udemy Course
Learn Git using real-world software project as an example.
Git is the most popular Version Control System in the world today. Therefore, it’s pretty much guaranteed that, sooner or later, you’ll need to use this tool. In this Git and GitHub for Developers course, you’ll learn how to use Git and how to be productive with it in the context of a real software project.
We’ll cover all the important aspects of Git:
- Why you need Git as a software developer.
- Basic and advanced Git commands
- Custom configurations to achieve top performance when using Git
- Backing up your work
- Collaborating with other developers
You’ll understand how Git “guides” you when you write code, where it saves you from critical mistakes and how to incorporate Git into your everyday workflow. By the end of this course, you’ll discover the full power of Git and won’t be willing to work without it ever again!
This Git and GitHub for Developers course is tailored for software developers who are going to use Git professionally on a daily basis. The structure of this course will allow you to grasp Git in steps, one new concept at a time. I decided to use a real application as a tutorial project, so you’ll see interesting examples and get a chance to learn not just Git itself, but also the associated best practices.
Git is very powerful and complex tool. To spare your time, in this Git and GitHub for Developers course I decided to cover just a subset of Git’s features that you really need to know as a developer. Therefore, this is a practical Git course for professionals who value their time and want to become productive.
What you’ll learn in Git and GitHub for Developers Course
- Learn the basic Git commands: add, commit, push, fetch.
- Learn advanced Git commands: merge, rebase, config, alias.
- Backup your work and collaborate with others using Git remote repositories.
- See the full Git flow from the beginning of the project to the end
- Discover the benefits of command-line Git over graphical user interfaces
- Understand the role of GitHub and learn to use this platform.
Recommended Git and GitHub Course