Discovering Godot – Game Development with Godot Engine Course
How to use the free and open-source Godot Game Engine, from absolute beginner to intermediate levels
Discover Godot! The amazing free and open-source game engine you’ve been waiting for is a joy to use. In this course we’ll take you from an absolute beginner with no experience in coding at all to someone able to make 2D and 3D games in this lovely little engine. As a student in this course, you’ll go through a series of five projects, each bigger, more awesome and more feature rich than the last.
- Loony Lips – a simple word game that will teach you the basics of coding and of Godot.
- Hoppy Days – a delightful 2D platform game starring a cute bunny.
- Heist Meisters – a tense 2D top-down stealth game
- Cube dude Kickabout – a local multiplayer 3D football/soccer game
- Food fight – a third person shooter
We’ll be working with GDScript, Godot’s powerful python-based language that will allow us to get awesome results very quickly. You’ll be provided with all the assets you need and the skills to take your games (and your future projects) even further.
Best Seller Course: Create a Complete 2D Survivors Style Game in Godot 4
Some of the things we’ll cover include.
- Variables, Arrays and Dictionaries
- Tile maps and Grid maps
- Physics Body nodes
- Local multiplayer
- Using external JSON files
- Showing 2D in 3D
- And much, much more!
Recommended Course: The Complete Java Game Development Course for 2023
Click to open site
Udemy Coupons & Promo Codes May 2023
Learn Data Science. Courses starting at $12.99.
Promotion Dates: 05/01/2023 - 06/01/2023
Clicks to Redeems Coupons