Deep Learning Prerequisites: Logistic Regression in Python Course
Data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence in Python for students and professionals
This course is a lead-in to deep learning and neural networks – it covers a popular and fundamental technique used in machine learning, data science and statistics: logistic regression. We cover the theory from the ground up: derivation of the solution, and applications to real-world problems. We show you how one might code their own logistic regression module in Python.
This course does not require any external materials. Everything needed (Python, and some Python libraries) can be obtained for free.
This course provides you with many practical examples so that you can really see how deep learning can be used on anything. Throughout the course, we’ll do a course project, which will show you how to predict user actions on a website given user data like whether or not that user is on a mobile device, the number of products they viewed, how long they stayed on your site, whether or not they are a returning visitor, and what time of day they visited.
What you’ll learn
- program logistic regression from scratch in Python
- describe how logistic regression is useful in data science
- derive the error and update rule for logistic regression
- understand how logistic regression works as an analogy for the biological neuron
- use logistic regression to solve real-world business problems like predicting user actions from e-commerce
- data and facial expression recognition
- understand why regularization is used in machine learning
Recommended Deep Learning Course