Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework
Learn how to develop a world class Cucumber, Playwright & Typescript automation framework from the ground up.
Are you interested in building a robust and efficient automation framework for web testing using Cucumber, Playwright, and TypeScript? Look no further! The Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework course is the ultimate learning resource that will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in web automation testing. In this article, we will explore the key features of this comprehensive course and discuss how it can benefit software developers, quality assurance professionals, and anyone interested in automated testing.
Why Choose the Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework Course?
Comprehensive Coverage of Automation Framework Development
The Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework course offers comprehensive coverage of building an automation framework using Cucumber, Playwright, and TypeScript. The course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Introduction to Automation Frameworks: Gain a solid understanding of automation frameworks and their importance in streamlining testing processes and ensuring software quality.
- Cucumber Basics: Learn the fundamentals of Cucumber, a behavior-driven development (BDD) tool, and understand how to write feature files and define step definitions.
- Playwright Automation: Explore Playwright, a powerful Node.js library for browser automation, and learn how to interact with web elements, navigate pages, and perform actions.
- Building the Automation Framework: Dive deeper into building an automation framework using Cucumber, Playwright, and TypeScript. Learn how to organize test scenarios, implement reusable step definitions, handle test data, and generate comprehensive test reports.
Practical Projects and Hands-on Exercises
Led by experienced instructors, the Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework course provides practical projects and hands-on exercises to enhance your skills. By working on these projects, you will gain valuable experience in building a real-world automation framework, applying best practices, and addressing common challenges in automated testing. The course ensures that you not only understand the theory but also develop the practical skills needed to succeed in real testing scenarios.
Collaboration with Cucumber and BDD
The course emphasizes the collaboration aspect of Cucumber and its alignment with behavior-driven development (BDD) principles. You will learn how to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders by writing feature files in a human-readable format, fostering better communication and collaboration throughout the development and testing process.
Supportive Learning Community and Resources
Join a supportive learning community of software developers, quality assurance professionals, and automation enthusiasts. Engage in discussions, share insights, and seek guidance from instructors and fellow learners. The Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework course provides access to valuable resources, including code samples, documentation, and supplementary materials, to further enhance your learning experience.
The Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework course is a comprehensive and practical resource for building a powerful automation framework using Cucumber, Playwright, and TypeScript. By enrolling in this course, you gain access to expert instruction, practical projects, collaboration with Cucumber, and a supportive community that will guide you towards automation excellence.
Take your web automation testing skills to the next level. Enroll in the Cucumber Playwright TypeScript Automation Framework course today and unlock the potential of automated testing!
Best Seller Course: Professional Playwright Testing and Web Automation – 2023
What you’ll learn
- Setting up your local development environment.
- Build and run our own locally running react application.
- Creating our first automation test with cucumber, playwright and typescript.
- Executing your automation test on your locally running application.
- Deep dive into our first test and understand tagging, regex, step linking, cucumber params, element locators, developer tools and hooks.
- Developing our understanding of Browser, Context and Page.
- Adding your own unique element identifiers to the application code to enable more automation scenarios.
- Setting up our automation framework to produce screenshots on test failure.
- Implement Cucumber World to enable us to pass global variable and configuration within each scenarios separated context.
- Leverage ENV files for better environment variable management.
- Implement dynamic test configuration to provide more flexibility when running our cucumber scenarios.
- Defining our element, page and host mappings in page specific .json files.
- Introduce our own custom waitFor() function to add stability to our automation framework.
- Adding a common ENV file to house all our common configuration across our automation framework.
- Setup cucumber html reporter to report on our test suite results.
- Reuse our waitFor to help stabilise and validate page has loaded before moving onto the next step.
- Use the amazing debugging tools that Playwright provides, like Playwright Inspector.
- Advanced chrome developer tool learnings like console logs and break points.
- Automating Links, Buttons and Elements at specific index.
- Automating Tables and asserting on an exact match between our Cucumber DataTable and the UI.
- Automating Switches, Cards & Avatars.
- Automating Drop Down Menus and Select Boxes.
- Adding the ability to refresh our page during an automation test.
- Automating Browser Alerts, Page Alerts and Tooltips.
- Automating Text Areas and Hidden & Visible Text.
- Automating stored values and expected values.
- Preparing our automation suite for production Automation Suite Runs.
- Running our automation on a production environment.
- Storing login details in environment specific ENV files.
- Leverage Example Tables from Cucumber to run scenarios on specific environments.
- Emulate devices for our automation suite to run on leveraging Playwright Devices.
- Introduce the ability to customise our console logs for errors, logs and debug and off.
- Adding the ability to customise our automation failure errors.
- Develop our own waitForSelector function that better integrated with our waitFor function.
- Refactor our assertion and interaction steps for better stability and consistency.
- Leverage random data in our automation suite form steps.
- Demonstrate how quickly automation can be added with our world class automation framework.
- Tagging our suite for @smoke and @regression in preparation for CI.
- Learn to intercept responses with playwright and mock out our own custom responses.
- Implement an accessibility automation testing suite across our react application.
- Produce detailed accessibility improvement reports as well as fix some issues ourselves.
- Pushing our project containing our automation framework & Suite to GitHub.
- Setting up our local machine as a build agent in preparation to run our automation tests in CI.
- Get our automation tests running on pull request and in CI (Continuous Integration)
- Develop and grow your understanding of TypeScript across the entirety of the course.
- Implement Advanced Object Orientated Design Patterns and Seperation of Concerns.
Recommended Course: Selenium WebDriver 4, Cucumber BDD, Java & More! [NEW: 2023]