Create a Complete 2D Survivors Style Game in Godot 4 Course
Learn how to create a complete 2D arena survival roguelike game from start to finish in Godot engine 4!
This Create a Complete 2D Survivors Style Game in Godot 4 course will cover everything you need to know about creating a small 2D arena survival roguelike game from start to finish in the Godot Engine 4. This course covers many aspects of creating a survivor’s style game including Auto-attacking abilities, Hordes of enemies that increase in difficulty over time, Roguelike ability and player upgrades, Permanent progression with saving and loading, levelling up by collecting experience dropped from enemies. This list is not exhaustive – please see the course outline for a glimpse into the topics that are covered.
The goal of this Create a Complete 2D Survivors Style Game in Godot 4 course is to show you how to take an empty project and turn it into a small, complete game. In doing so, this course will give you a robust exposure to many aspects of the Godot engine from input handling, to tile maps, to saving and loading data, to audio, and more. By the time you complete this course, you will feel comfortable working on your own projects in Godot 4. You will walk away from this course with a solid foundational understanding of making games that are not only functional but also fun.
What you’ll learn
- Arena survival roguelike mechanics – auto attacking abilities, enemy hordes, experience drops, and roguelike upgrades.
- Godot engine fundamentals – scene composition using a variety of nodes, scripting, custom user signals, and more
- Animations – using squash and stretch to make static sprites pop and give life to your games
- UI – containers for layout and sizing, apply theme styling using textures and nine-patch, and use of various other control nodes
- Publishing – build the complete game for Windows, Linux, Web, Mac, and update executable icons
- Saving loading – save and load permanent player progression data.
Recommended Course: Unreal Engine 5 C++ The Ultimate Game Developer Course
Click to open site
Udemy Coupons & Promo Codes May 2023
Learn Data Science. Courses starting at $12.99.
Promotion Dates: 05/01/2023 - 06/01/2023
Clicks to Redeems Coupons