Godot Masterclass: Zelda Inventory System and User Interface
Learn to create extensive game user interfaces (UI) and dynamic data systems with Godot by building an Inventory Screen!
In this game development course with 98 byte sized videos, with a total of 10 hours of video content, you’ll learn how to use the Godot Engine and Editor to create an Inventory System and Inventory UI (User Interface) that is fully dynamic, with scriptable object items and a central database of items (using Godot’s Resources). The inventory system has support for multiple item categories, category groups, dynamic scrolling animations, equippable slots (example: main hand and off hand) and more.
The inventory system you are going to create is inspired by the Zelda Breath of the Wild inventory screen, and can be used in RPG, FPS, Adventure, Point-and-Click games and more, basically, any games where the player can acquire and keep track of items in different categories.
This is a MASTERCLASS about creating User Interfaces, Custom Systems, Custom Dynamic Data and Dynamic Interfaces with Godot. Not only data, it’s a masterclass about Godot’s Resource system.
This course gives you all the knowledge and the power to build responsive user interfaces with Godot, you will also learn how to make Dynamic Systems that use Dynamic Data using your own Data Model and Scriptable Objects.
You are also going to learn how to create your own extendable and expandable Godot’s Game Objects and Components with custom Nodes, Scenes and Scripts. You are going to learn how to create custom Godot’s Resources and how to mix and match Dynamic and Static data.
Best Seller Course: Create a Complete 2D Survivors Style Game in Godot 4
What you’ll learn
- How to implement an inventory and character system and UI from scratch
- Complex user interfaces with Godot, EVERYTHING about making user interfaces with Godot
- Advanced interface programming with GDScript
- Godot Nodes and Scenes fundamentals. Understand what are Godot’s Game Objects and Components in depth.
- Godot Control Nodes and UI fundamentals including margins, anchors, layouts, responsive layouts, aspect ratios and more
- How to create an infinite scrolling grid of items, how to split it by pages and how to animate it dynamically
- How to structure the Data Model of an inventory and equipment system, separating items by categories and creating groups of categories,
- How to understand Godot’s Container Nodes, Automatic UI Placement and Size Flags
ow to create Equippable Item slots that accept configurable categories of items and show the items equipped in these slots
- How to create and expand custom Scriptable Objects (Custom Godot’s Resources) with different attributes for items and equipment
- Godot’s scripting language, GDScript, including the Observer pattern with GDScript’s Signals in details, with a sample Traffic Light project
- How to handle and sync One Handed and Two Handed items, while automatically unequipping items if both hands are equipped
- How to create pickable items, dynamically add them to the inventory and list them in the inventory screen, in the correct category
Recommended Course: Unity C# Scripting: Ultimate Guide to Game Programming 2023
Click to open site
Udemy Coupons & Promo Codes May 2023
Learn Data Science. Courses starting at $12.99.
Promotion Dates: 05/01/2023 - 06/01/2023
Clicks to Redeems Coupons